PASCALLE BIPPERT Welcome, y’all! Members of the Greater La Vernia Chamber of Commerce, La Vernia city officials, La Vernia Garden Club members, and others gather Sept. 8 in the early morning sunshine at the “Welcome to La Vernia” sign at U.S. 87 and F.M. 1346 for a ribbon-cutting to celebrate the refurbishment of this sign and its twin on the southern edge of the city. The signs were renovated with new stone facings, paint, lighting, and landscaping and irrigation, as a project of the Greater La Vernia Chamber of Commerce, which was instrumental in their initial installation. Keith Johanson, wielding the scissors, oversaw the general contracting of the refurbishment work. The project was aided by an allocation of Wilson County hotel/motel tax revenues, chamber funds, and a PowerUP grant from the Guadalupe Valley Electric Cooperative (GVEC).